This month’s theme for 10 on the 10th hosted by Whitney at The Perfectly Imperfect Mama, is 10 Ways To Be a Good Friend. Being a good friend is something that I am working on and I think takes work in general. I’m no expert, but here are some of my suggestions.
1. Listen. I think if you pay attention to what people tell you, it shows that you are interested in them. You can also remember those things and ask them about it the next time you speak.
2. On that note, have conversations. My good friends are the people I talk to often and know what is happening in my life, as much as I know what is happening in theirs.
3. A good friendship goes both ways. Don’t always ask someone to do something for you if you never do something for them. Even better is to do things for your friends without the expectation of them doing things back for you in return.
4. Treat others the way you would want to be treated. And don’t treat them in ways you wouldn’t want someone to treat you.
5. Do fun things together. If you want to go somewhere and don’t want to go alone, invite a friend!
6. Don’t be envious. Be happy for your friend when things go well for her.
7. For those of us with a lot of online / blogger friends, comment on their blogs! Like their Instagram photos! Etc.
8. Try not to hold a grudge if your friend does something that annoys you. No one is perfect.
9. If you are the one who has done something to annoy your friend, apologize.
10. Be yourself. A true friend will like you for who you are.
Now tell me a way you can be a good friend!