This month’s topic for 10 on the 10th with Simple Purposeful Living is 10 Things Motherhood Has Taught You. I’m sure I’ve learned so much since becoming a mom 13 years ago, but whether I can remember those lessons is another story!
1. The first thing I learned after becoming a mom was that you have to trust yourself. Everyone you meet will give you advice on what worked for them and how they think you should parent your kids, but you’re the mom to your own kids so you have to realize you know what your own kids need. If you find another mom who does things exactly the way you do, consider yourself lucky because everyone is different!
2. Everyone has parenting things that come easy and things that don’t. Everyone has struggles. Some people will have babies that sleep through the night right away, some people will have kids that eat vegetables with no complaints, some people may even have an easy time potty training! But those same people struggle with things too.
3. Don’t take your kids for granted. I know too many people whose kids have gotten sick to forget to appreciate that mine are healthy.
4. When my kids complain about things being boring, I remind them that things are fun when we make them fun. Actually, my blog exists to share all the ways we make life an adventure!
5. Comparison is the thief of joy. I try so hard not to compare how my kids are behaving or their skills with other kids and to be proud of them for who they are.
6. Mom fails happen and can become good stories.
8. No matter who we are, we all seem to have Mom Guilt. And we shouldn’t. But here’s something I wrote about it once. Mom guilt – a story.
9. Even though Shonda Rhimes insists that being a mom isn’t a job, being a mom is still hard work.
10. You are the best mom for your kids! Ask them, they’ll tell you!
What is something you have learned since becoming a mom?