Time for another random Friday update!
Last week, Dave’s office had a volunteer event and he somehow convinced me to go along. We volunteered with the Veteran’s Community Project, who build tiny houses for homeless veterans here in Kansas City. I was not much of a help, I think, but I helped move wooden boards, trim the bottom off of the wrapped houses, and add foam insulation around doors. Dave helped install doors on some of the houses. We also found a baby mouse whose family had built its own tiny house under one of the wooden boards we moved!
Today is special because it’s Dave’s birthday! We’ll be having ice cream cake after school and he’s requested steak for dinner. He might read this, so wish him a happy birthday in the comments!
Gabbie wanted to write me a blog post about what’s she’s been up to. Here it is!
Hey guys! It’s Gabbie. I decided to start writing monthly posts on my mom’s blog to tell you guys what I have been up to.
- As you guys know, one of the main things I do is dance. This month I had my last few weeks of dance rehearsal. I found out that we are getting new dance studios in the coming years. We’re going to have bigger studios and a lounge for in between classes. I also had my last competition of the season, which went really well. My tap solo got third place! On Sunday, I had my dance recital.
- This month I completed a year of braces. It’s so cool to see how much my braces have changed my teeth. I also started rubber bands this month.
- I decided to join the photography challenge that my mom does. Here are my photos so far.
The Dark Side
Lying Down + Extra Credit – In a Public Place
- Here are the books I read this month:
- Hearts Unbroken by Cynthia Leitich Smith
- We Were Beautiful by Heather Hepler
- The Princess Diaries 1 and 2 by Meg Cabot
- Love Blind by Christa Desir
We have two and a half days of school left including today. Time to start planning for summer!
In case you missed it, this week I posted about:
Have a great weekend!