Last year, I created goals for the year in 4 sections – blog, self, family, and home. Unfortunately, I did not do very well on most of them! Because of that, I’m finding it hard to come up with goals for this year.
Here are the goals from last year that I was able to complete:
- Read at least 40 books.
- Participate in the 52Frames Photography Challenge.
- Use photo-a-day prompts on Instagram to guide what I post.
- Spend time with friends.
- Travel to at least 3 locations.
- Continue Family Game Nights.
- Continue daily walks when the weather cooperates.
- Spend time with each of the kids alone.
- Come up with more adventures that everyone wants to do.
- Work on not having to go to the grocery store so many times per week.
And the goals I was not so successful with:
- Reach 10K views per month.
- Reach 5k followers on Instagram.
- Continue creating pinnable content and linking up to link parties.
- Get approved for more Social Fabric campaigns.
- Come up with and complete a knitting project that I add to daily or weekly.
- Learn a makeup routine.
- Start family bike rides again in the spring.
- Figure out a drop-zone solution.
- Sell the kids’ clothes at the Spring AND Fall consignment sales.
- Continue occasional decluttering.
- Come up with more meals to cook and enjoy.
The goals that I did not complete continue to be things I want to do this year. I am not sure how I could have had a whole year to complete these things and still not be able to do it! I think I do well on following scheduled challenges, like 52 Frames and the decluttering challenge I did in 2016, as having small, attainable , time-bound goals is really helpful to me. My goals this year focus on 5 things – photography, reading, my home, my self, and my blog. Keeping that in mind, here are my goals for 2019:
1. Continue the 52 Frames project. I also use the Instagram prompts from a few communities to inspire the photos that I post on an occasional basis.
2. Read at least 40 books, tracked on GoodReads and looking to read the books I’ve saved on my to-be-read list.
3. Participate in the 52 Weeks To An Organized Home challenge.
4. Succeed on the new diet plan I signed up for.
5. Convert my blog to Word Press – I think I found the service I want to use to do this! And I would like to see an improvement and benefit from doing so!
As for where I see myself in 5 years, it is hard for me to imagine having an 18 year old, a 16 year old, and a 13 year old!
What are some of your goals for this year?