In November, I pushed myself to make a list of things I was grateful for. My goal was to come up with one thing per day. Because I started writing this list in the middle of the month, the beginning of the list isn’t exactly in order by date, but I still succeeded in creating a list of 30 things I was thankful for in November. Here it is.
1. Chocolate and cake on my birthday.
2. Gabbie’s scoliosis appointment went well.
3. Dave did carpool for me when I was at that appointment.
4. I like my mascara.
5. We were invited to see School of Rock with our friends.
6. I received a generous birthday gift from a friend.
7. I got good feedback on this post.
8. I attended a women’s event in memory of my friend who passed away.
9. Women at the event shared about their experiences with infertility.
10. I received clothes from Gymboree and Crazy 8 in exchange for Instagram photos.
11. Election Day results.
12. I saw a deer while taking pictures.
13. Starbucks replaced my birthday reward which I was not able to use on my actual birthday.
14. Billy Joel on Sirius radio.
15. I bought a journal and erasable pens to use as a bullet / gratitude journal.
16. One of my pictures was featured by an Instagram account:
17. Dogs, doughnuts, and babies.
18. We went to a large party to celebrate a new baby in our community.
19. My father taught me to understand football when I was a kid.
20. I realized I was mistaken about the possibility I could not meet Tony Goldwyn after his show.
21. We had fun at the Museum of Illusions.
22. I met two of my great-nieces.
23. We saw our good friends.
24. We saw our other good friends.
25. I met Tony Goldwyn.
26. My brother-in-law’s bagel store.
27. We had a place to stay after our flight home was canceled.
28. We made it home.
29. My husband.
30. Gabbie and Zachary went on a youth group trip to Omaha.
I realized some of the things I was thankful for were things that we did or that happened on specific days, and some were more general things I’m thankful for! What are you thankful for today?