Well, I’m turning 40 tomorrow. I still feel a lot younger, most of the time! In honor of my birthday, I’m sharing 40 things I’ve learned about myself along the way. I hope you find them interesting.
1. I can be very lazy about things, but once I get started I usually can complete tasks.
2. I prefer summer over winter.
3. I put off taking out my winter coat every year, but in the spring I’m quick to pull out my flip flops.
4. I’m not very coordinated.
5. I have at least a bit of aphantasia – the inability to picture things in my mind.
6. I think that’s why I like taking pictures.
7. I lack self-control when it comes to eating.
8. I am not a runner.
9. I’m scared of cancer, antisemitism, mass shootings, and deportations.
10. I don’t like eggplant, mushrooms, pepper, or cilantro.
11. I enjoy researching subjects including genealogy and history.
12. I like shopping and getting a good deal.
13. I am easily annoyed.
14. I believe in causes and would like to do more to help those causes.
15. I like visiting new places but I don’t love the process of getting to the new places.
16. If I could have a magical power I would choose apparition.
17. I like to create but I’m not very creative.
18. I can’t carry a tune but I like to sing.
19. I like most dogs better than I like most people.
20. I think I’m funnier than most other people think I am.
21. I am a bit socially awkward because I worry people will find me annoying. It stems back to middle school bullying.
22. I tend to be an introvert but I also like going out with friends.
23. My favorite candy is Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups.
24. If I eat carbs for breakfast I suffer a low blood sugar reaction after a few hours.
25. I like trivia.
26. My memory is not as good as it used to be.
27. It drives me crazy when my kids are hyper and climb on top of each other.
28. It makes me happy when my kids play together.
29. If I drink alcohol, it has to be sweet or I can’t finish it.
30. I love babies when I can give them back to their parents if they get fussy.
31. My allergy to sulfa drugs also includes the topical version.
32. I am better at thinking about things than actually doing them.
33. I love the beauty of nature.
34. I don’t like being told what to do or how to think.
35. I believe everyone should be able to be who they are.
36. I don’t like discussing birth stories.
37. I don’t like to read memoirs because I think they are self-indulgent. I do like to read blogs though!
38. I like reading and watching fiction.
39. I am usually good at multi-tasking.
40. Disney World is my favorite place.
I hope you feel like you learned a little bit about me after reading this post!