I am partnering with Goldfish Swim School for this post. All opinions are my own.
After another month of lessons, we are still loving Goldfish Swim School! I feel like I’ve seen a big difference in Simon in more than just his swim skills. His lessons have been helping him grow as a swimmer and as a confident kid!
1. Just knowing he CAN swim gives him that much more confidence. He went to a swim party last weekend and happily swam with his friends the whole time. I think this will make a big difference in the future when we are swimming as a family or when Simon is at camp or otherwise on his own.
2. He wants to get better and is trying hard to improve his skills. He has the most difficulty with the back float.
He is also working on getting his arms out of the water when he does the crawl stroke. He is learning to set goals based on what he needs to improve on to move to the next level swim class.
3. He is also becoming more outgoing with the kids in his class. He may be a bit silly a lot of the time, but I think he and his little friend are so cute together!
4. Although he’s been showering himself at home for over a year, Simon is now also happy to shower off himself after class. This past week he even dried his hair!
5. I think Simon also really likes having an activity of his own. When he was sick a few weeks ago, I asked him why he didn’t go to the nurse at school and he said because he didn’t want to have to miss swimming!
This week Simon gets to go to swim lessons twice because he is making up the class he missed when he was sick! He is very excited!