This month’s topic for 10 on the 10th with Simple Purposeful Living is 10 Favorite Fall Staples. There are many things that can be considered a staple, but I figured I’d share the things that define fall for me.
1. You may be wondering why I published this post 1 day early, and that answer is the number 1 thing that defines fall in my life – the fall Jewish holidays. This link up goes live on the 10th of the month, and this month that day is the first of the 2 days of Rosh Hashanah. Next Wednesday we have Yom Kippur, followed by Sukkot. Sukkot is partially the celebration of the fall harvest, so you can see why it is a staple of fall for me!
2. I pretty much eat soup year round, but soup and chili are a fall necessity!
3. Apple cider is important in fall for me. I’m not a pumpkin spice person, so I go for the apple instead!
4. Although I don’t love the taste of pumpkins, I have to decorate with pumpkins! I have more fall decor than I do for any other season. I will probably bring it out near the first day of fall!
5. If it cools down, I love to wear hoodies and jeans and boots in the fall.
6. I don’t like cold weather, but if it’s cool enough for a light sweater and scarf, I’m happy.
7. I like to go to the pumpkin patch every year and take photos of the kids there. I’m wondering if it will happen this year, because none of them wanted to go apple picking! [Last year].
8. I love fall colors and if I can get some great photos of leaves, I’ll be happy!
9. Ever since I was young and birthdays mattered, fall always meant my birthday!
10. Finally, a basic necessity of fall for me is Thanksgiving! Hopefully, we’ll find some friends to celebrate with this year like we did last year!
What are your fall staples or necessities?