Time for another update in three points each. In posts like these, you get an update on each child (or family member) in three bullet points per person. This month, it’s all about back to school!
1. Gabbie is in 8th grade this year. She is taking Ancient Jewish History, English, Geometry, Hebrew, Jewish Studies, Art, World History, and Science.
2. She has two grades up so far – 100% in Ancient Jewish History and 103.68% in Geometry. Off to a good start!
3. She is keeping busy with dance, of course! Dance classes don’t usually start until September, but this year they started the same week as school.
1. Zachary is in 6th grade this year, which means he has moved up to middle school! He is taking Computers, English, Hebrew, Jewish Studies, Math, Graphic Design, Rabbinics, Science, and Social Studies.
2. He has one grade recorded so far – 100% in math. When I click on the detail, I see that he got that grade because he had me sign that I read a letter he brought home!
3. Zachary is so excited to have a Chrome Book this year. He hopes to help out with the lower school’s 100 Mile Club when it starts next month.
1. Simon is in 3rd grade this year. He has the teacher that Zachary had for 3rd grade, who I loved.
2. I started organizing school papers this weekend and while looking at Zachary’s 3rd grade papers, I got nervous for Simon! He has some of the same difficulty with writing and spelling that Zachary had, and he also got very frustrated by his math homework on Friday.
3. This is the first year that Simon has an extra Jewish Studies class in the afternoon, once a week. He is continuing swimming and looking forward to 100 Mile Club.
After just a few days of school, it seems we are off to a good start, and I hope we will all have a great year!