This month’s topic for 10 on the 10th with Simple Purposeful Living is 10 Favorite Books / Podcasts / Shows. I never listen to podcasts and books are one of my areas of expertise, so I decided to list my top 10 favorite books!
1. The Time Traveler’s Wife by Audrey Niffenegger is a love story over time – the main character is a time traveler while the woman he loves is not. It can be confusing because it isn’t written in regular time order, but I loved it the first and each time I read it!
2. A Widow For One Year by John Irving is another book I have read multiple times. There is so much going on in it with overlapping stories and even snippets of the characters’ own books inside that it is hard to take it all in on just one reading!
3. 11/22/63 by Stephen King is about a man who goes back in time to try to stop the JFK assassination. I apparently like books about time travel! This one was long but so well-written and fast moving!
4. The History Of Love by Nicola Krauss is about two characters that form a surprising relationship – a young girl and an old man. It is funny and sweet and I probably need to read it again because I don’t remember enough about it right now!
5. Keeping Faith is by Jodi Picoult, who is one of my favorite authors and I had to include a book by her on this list. Most people would say their favorite of her books is My Sister’s Keeper, but mine is Keeping Faith, which I believe is the first book I read by her.
6. Water For Elephants by Sara Gruen is just a great novel about a circus in the Great Depression. The elephant is one of the best characters too!
7. The Book Thief by Markus Zusak is about the Holocaust and focuses on a non-Jewish family. It is unique and beautifully written!
8. The Notebook by Nicholas Sparks is my favorite romantic novel about love that lasts over a lifetime.
9. The Covenant by Naomi Ragen shows the terrorism and conflicts that take place in Israel from a variety of viewpoints.
10. The Harry Potter Series by JK Rowling is 7 books that read as one long story. I love how everything that happens in the books is tied together throughout! I am currently re-reading the series with my kids and we are almost finished with book 6.
Have you read any of these books? What are some of your favorite books?