Today is Simon’s 7th birthday! He has been looking forward to today all summer. He has so many ideas of what he wants to do today to celebrate! In honor of his birthday, we are sharing a few things about Simon – I stole this survey from Lindsay and Jacob – and sharing photos of Simon from this year.
1. What is your favorite toy? Maybe you should ask me this after my birthday. (What’s your favorite toy now?) I don’t have one. (You don’t?) Oh, my bus Lego.
2. What is your favorite stuffed animal? I don’t sleep with them but my Minion.
3. What is your favorite game? Blokus.
4. What is your favorite sport? Soccer.
5. What is your favorite book? Anything that’s Dr. Seuss.
6. What is your favorite TV show? I don’t know. (Really? You don’t watch TV?) I do, but I don’t have one. (What do you like to watch?) Sprout, PBS Kids.
7. What is your favorite movie? Toy Story.
8. What is your favorite song? I don’t have one. I do but I don’t know what it’s called. (How does it go?) I forget, but I know it’s my favorite song.
9. What is your favorite band or singer? The Maccabeats.
10. What is your favorite holiday? Hanukkah.
11. What is your favorite season? Summer.
12. What is your favorite color? Green.
13. What is your favorite animal? Doggie.
14. What is your favorite shirt? This one (yellow with motorcycle). And I told you that this morning.
15. What is your favorite fruit? Blueberry.
16. What is your favorite vegetable? Carrots.
17. What is your favorite snack? Marshmallow.
18. What is your favorite treat? Marshmallow.
19. What is your favorite drink? Apple juice.
20. What is your favorite thing to eat for dinner? Mac and cheese.
21. What is your favorite restaurant? Sammy’s.
22. Who is your best friend? I don’t have one.
23. What makes you feel happy? Swim.
24. What makes you feel sad? When I don’t get ice cream when I want it.
25. What are you afraid of? Spiders. Some types.
26. What are you thankful for? Having a mommy (hugs me).
27. What are you really good at? I’m good at Blokus, can we play?
28. What is your best memory? Going swimming.
29. What do you want to be when you grow up? A swimmer.
30. If you could have one wish, what would it be? To swim.
This month, Simon got to attend British Soccer Camp with Challenger Sports thanks to US Family Guide. He loved learning the basics of soccer and he discovered that he’s not bad at playing goalie! One day he blocked the ball with his nose and it hurt, but hey, the other team did not score! The coaches divide the kids into groups of 4 and each group has a country name. Simon was on Ireland. They didn’t win the “World Cup,” but I definitely think he had fun. My favorite part was seeing the kids cheering each other on. Each day the other kids told Simon he did a good job! I also loved seeing the coach, a 20 year old from England, interacting with the kids. He was really good with them!
Simon is the funniest, cutest kid! I hope his birthday dreams are fulfilled!