Spring Break was a fun time, in which the kids mostly cooperated and enjoyed the things we did together. A good part of break was spent celebrating the Passover holiday as a family and a bit with friends. On the other days, the kids and I went on a few adventures around town. Here’s what we did.
1. Gabbie, Zachary, and I saw Beauty and the Beast. Simon wasn’t interested, so we went on a Sunday so he could hang out with Dave. The screening we went to was officially a sing-along screening, which meant that the words for the songs were displayed on screen. No one really sang though – I only did about as much as I would have if the words weren’t displayed, and Zachary only hit me twice.
2. We went to the farm. Deanna Rose Children’s Farmstead is a popular destination for kids of all ages and I love that my kids still enjoy it there!
3. We played outside. Simon had been wanting a scooter very badly and he finally got one. Zachary wanted to try roller blading, so I let him use my old ones. Yes, his feet are as big as mine are.
4. We checked out a crafty store called Scraps KC. It is a store that sells craft supplies and materials and has a make-and-take space where you can use the materials provided to create projects. Simon created the most things and Zachary made one thing. Gabbie brought home some corks to make something at home.
5. We visited the new Royals mural.
6. We went to the art museum. The Nelson-Atkins is free to visit and we spent some time in the sculpture garden and the galleries.
7. We went swimming at the Olathe Community Center.
8. We went to two Royals games.
The Royals won each of the games we were at.
9. We went to Scheels.
10. We checked 6 items off our bucket list!
I hope spring is treating everyone well!