This is a sponsored post from Disney Music and One2One Network. All opinions are my own.
We recently decided that we’ll be visiting Disney World for two days in December! One of the first things we do after we schedule a Disney trip, besides talking non-stop about everything that we want to do when we’re there, is start listening to Disney music. I have been a fan of Disney music for as long as I can remember, playing my favorite record albums and singing with my parents! Now, I love that my kids listen to and love the same music I loved as a child, plus all of the amazing new music that we all enjoy today.
Jazz Loves Disney is a compilation including artists such as Gregory Porter, Melody Gardot, Stacey Kent, Jamie Cullum and other leading music stars performing big band jazz covers of songs that are part of every kid’s heritage, produced by Jay Newland and arranged and directed by Rob Mounsey. Walt Disney himself loved jazz and this album is a perfect way to introduce kids to jazz music as they listen to their favorite Disney songs as follows:
1. Jamie Cullum – “Everybody Wants To Be A Cat” – from The Aristocats
2. Melody Gardot – “He’s A Tramp” – from Lady And The Tramp
3. Stacey Kent – “Bibbidi Bobbodo Boo” (French version) – from Cinderella
4. Gregory Porter – “When You Wish Upon A Star” – from Pinocchio
5. China Moses – “Why Don’t You Do Right” – from Who Framed Roger Rabbit?
6. Raphaël Gualazzi – “I Wanna Be Like You” – from The Jungle Book
7. The Rob Mounsey Orchestra – “A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes” – from Cinderella
8. Hugh Coltman – “You’ve Got A Friend In Me” – from Toy Story
9. Anne Sila – “Let It Go” – from Frozen
10. Melody Gardot & Raphaël Gualazzi – “The Bare Necessities” – from The Jungle Book
11. Laika – “Once Upon A Dream” – from Sleeping Beauty
12. Nikki Yanofsky – “Someday My Prince Will Come” – from Snow White & The Seven Dwarfs
13. The Hot Sardines – “I Wanna Be Like You” (French & English version) – from The Jungle Book (US release only)
My kids of course loved the music that they were most familiar with – Let It Go from Frozen and You’ve Got A Friend In Me from Toy Story! I enjoyed those tracks as well, plus the ones that I loved since I was a child, such as When You Wish Upon A Star. The mood of the music really brings back childhood memories and it is amazing to be able to pass it forward to the next generation as well.
What is your favorite Disney song?