I have a confession. I have always been terrified of food processors. If I am looking at recipes and I see one that suggests using a food processor or even a blender, I quickly move on to the next recipe. So, when I received an Oster Pro 1200 Plus Food Processor, it was actually my very first time trying a food processor! On the other hand, I have used a blender plenty of times, but usually end up fighting to get it to actually blend correctly! I am happy to say that this blender / food processor combination appliance has completely changed my attitude towards both blenders and food processors.
In order to try out the Oster Pro 1200 Plus Food Processor, I made two things – a fruit smoothie and a cucumber / zucchini / avocado soup. First, I followed the directions to set up the blender.
For my fruit smoothie, I used watermelon, strawberries, and bananas. There is a pre-programmed button for smoothies which spins the blade forward and backwards in a pre-set cycle. There are also buttons for salsa and milkshakes which I can’t wait to try, because this was the smoothest smoothie I have ever made!
In order to try out the food processor, I followed this recipe for Raw Cucumber Soup. I cut the cucumber and zucchini into 1 inch pieces as per the directions for the food processor and used the “low” setting button to finely chop the vegetables.
Of course, the food processor also comes with a blade for slicing or shredding, but I did not try that feature yet!
The Oster Pro 1200 Plus Food Processor includes the following features and benefits:
- A user-friendly control panel with Smart Settings™ Technology and 7 Speeds including 3 preprogrammed settings for the most common blender creations.
- An advanced 6-point blade system for a wide range of food processing and blending options.
- A Dual Direction Motor which cycles forward and backward at varying speeds for optimal results.
- An extra wide 3.5” blade system that allows ingredients to flow down into the blade easier for faster and smoother results.
- 1200 power watts and 900 watts of ice crushing power plus a pulse feature to help blend with precision.
- A sleek and modern design, metallic grey finish and compact footprint which looks great in the kitchen.
- The product includes an 8-cup break resistant BPA-free jar made from Tritan plastic, a 5-cup BPA-free food processing bowl, and stainless a steel slicing disk and chopping blade.
- Dishwasher-safe pieces!
Right now, you can save $10 off any Oster Blender $39 and up at Target! Print the $10 off Coupon! Also, you can download Target’s Cartwheel App for more Oster Blender offers throughout the holiday season. To connect with Oster, see their latest offers, and get access to recipes, visit the following links!
Now that I’m no longer scared to use a food processor and I have a blender that I love, I’d love for you to share some ideas of what I should make!
I received this product for free from Moms Meet (momsmeet.com), May Media Group LLC, who received it directly from the manufacturer. As a Moms Meet blogger, I agree to use this product and post my honest opinion on my blog. The opinions posted are my own.