Last night was the last night of Hanukkah. I think my kids were very happy with their gifts this year, and I think I did a good job of giving them things to play with as well as things to use. Before I share what I got for them, here is my Hanukkah disclaimer: I don’t love the commercialization of the holiday and while I think Hanukkah’s importance as a Jewish holiday has been exaggerated due to its proximity to Christmas, I still love getting things for my kids and enjoy finding good deals on gifts for them. As I see good deals and ideas, I snag them if they seem like things my kids would enjoy and I use Hanukkah as an excuse to give them gifts!
1. Crayola Virtual Design Pro – Gabbie had wanted this for her birthday, but ended up not getting it, so when it was on sale for $9.99 (regular price $29.99) I ordered it! This gift was from Gramy and Grandpa.
3. Ulta Time to Shine Collection – I don’t want Gabbie to wear makeup, so I made sure she knows this is just for special occassions – like her dance recitals!
7. Rainbow Loom – Gabbie had an off brand version but she left it at her friend’s house in Israel. I was panicking that I didn’t have enough gifts for her until I opened my Amazon packages and remembered that I ordered this!
8. Vera Bradley Petite Double Zip Hipster Crossbody – Gabbie has a bag she carries around, but I liked this one much better! I had a brief panic attack thinking I’d ordered one that would be much too big, but when this arrived I was quite happy with it!
Gabbie also received an American Girl Gift Card from her aunt and uncle and money from other family members!
1. Snap Circuits Jr. I picked this up because I thought that Zachary would enjoy it. After I’d already bought it, he asked me for it! This gift was from Gramy and Grandpa.
2. Dream Factory Space Rocket Comforter Set – Zachary was tired of having Thomas bedding, so I picked out this set for him. I thought it was cute because he used to talk about going to space in his sleep! He also got this t-shirt as an extra, it matches one that Simon got as well.
3. Ravensburger Puzzle – I love these and like to give them as gifts to Zachary’s classmates, so he had been asking for one for himself!
4. Old Navy Slippers – another thing Zachary had been asking for. Unfortunately, they were too small so I had to return them for a bigger size!
5. Guinness World Records 2016 – another often asked for item!
6. Shutterfly Calendar and The Henry and Ribsy Box Set – because he’s almost finished all of the Ramona books!
7. Inside Out – yet another gift Zachary asked for! You can see why he was the easiest to shop for!
8. Lego Auto Transporter – from uncle and aunt.
Zachary also got a prayer book with his name on the front – also something he asked for – and money from other family members!
1. Design and Drive Lightning McQueen – Simon saw this on youtube and was begging for it! This gift was from Gramy and Grandpa.
3. Innotab Max from VTech…I was sent this one in exchange for a review. Unfortunately, due to a security breach, the site that you need to connect to in order to do almost anything on this tablet has been taken down. It is very frustrating for Simon and I am sorry I didn’t realize that before I gave him the tablet as a gift!
6. Shutterfly Calendar and Suspend Game – which is really for everyone!
8. Lego Junior Police Set – from uncle and aunt.
We all had a Happy Hanukkah!