As you know, we live close to Kansas City. We also live relatively close (45 minutes away) to Lawrence, KS, the home of Kansas University and the Jayhawks. College sports are a big deal around here, and this past weekend, we were able to experience the excitement of a Jayhawks Women’s Basketball game! There is much excitement in the air at KU with the hiring of a new Head Coach, Brandon Schneider, and a women’s game is a really great experience for families, with interactive activities and the Fun Zone for kids available before each game. Plus, inside the game there are on court contests, chances to get on the video board (we did!), and a fun family atmosphere. Many of the games include giveaways and exciting half time acts.
The Fun Zone includes inflatable games, photo opportunities, poster making, cookie decorating and much more. The Fun Zone opens 1.5 hours before tip-off and remains open until the start of the game. Here is Simon drawing a Jayhawk!
Dave and Gabbie tried some basketball.
We had a photo booth photo taken! (Zachary is missing from these pictures because he had a birthday party!)
There was a lot going on inside too!
The team warming up:
My happy fans:
We enjoyed the cheerleaders.
There was apparently a dance clinic before the game and the group performed during half-time. Gabbie would have loved that!
The game got close at one point, but the Jayhawks were always in the lead and ended up winning 72-65!
Kansas Athletics is so awesome to be offering an amazing prize package to one of my readers! If you win, you will receive:
- Four (4) tickets to single home game of your choice:
· Sun, Jan 3 at 2 p.m. vs. West Virginia
· Wed, January 6 at 7 p.m. vs. Baylor
· Wed, January 13 at 7 p.m. vs. Texas
· Wed, January 20 at 7 p.m. vs. Kansas State
· Sun, January 24 at 2 p.m. vs. Oklahoma State
· Tue, February at 7 p.m. vs. Iowa State
· Wed, February 17 at 7 p.m. vs. TCU
· Sat, February 20 at 2 p.m. vs. Oklahoma
· Sat, February 27 at 7 p.m. vs. Texas Tech
- One (1) $25 gift card to KU concessions for dinner or snacks
- Two (2) Junior Jayhawk Kids Club memberships, a $90 value (includes admission to all Women’s Basketball home games)!
Junior Jayhawks, the Official Kids Club for Kansas Athletics, is available to children 13 and under. We encourage all young Jayhawk fans to set goals, dream big, be active and cheer for the Jayhawks! As a member you’ll receive e-mails about special events available to Junior Jayhawks only. These events may include unique experiences such as cheering with the spirit squad, behind the scene tours of our state-of-the art facilities, special invitations to watch practice and more! Benefits of membership include:
- T-shirt or Baby Bib
- Membership Card and Adidas Lanyard (used for access to free tickets)
- Birthday Card from Big and Baby Jay
- Jayhawk Pillowcase
- Pizza Hut Certificate
- FREE Admission to: All home Women’s Basketball, Baseball, and Softball games.
- E-mails about special ticket promotions and events exclusively for club members and their parents/guardians only
To enter for a chance to win this awesome prize package, use the form below!
This post and giveaway are sponsored by Kansas Athletics. All thoughts and opinions are my own!