As a parent, the thing that I do the most is worry about my children. Are they eating enough or too much? Are they going to do well in school? Will they be happy? One thing that parents can worry less about is the peace of mind that comes with cord blood banking through lifebankUSA.
“Cord blood banking enables parents to save stem cells from the umbilical cord of their child immediately after birth. Families preserve these cells so that they are available for use in existing and future medical treatments. In fact, since 1988 stem cell transplants have been used to treat some 80 diseases!”
Strangely enough, I don’t personally know a single person who has used a cord blood bank. This made me wonder why. Why wouldn’t someone bank their cord blood for use in existing and future medical treatments?
Here are some reasons people might not make use of cord blood banking:
1. Lack of knowledge. If you want to know more about the banking offered by lifebankUSA, they have a great guidebook available on their website.
2. Thinking that they don’t have the need for it. In fact, “many people who develop blood diseases (such as leukemia) have no prior family history of these conditions,” and therefore even with no history of blood diseases, cord blood banking could be beneficial one day.
3. Assuming that if cells are needed, a public bank could help. It is true that this is a possibility, but only if they have cells with a closely matching human leukocyte antigen. Your baby’s stem cells have a much greater likelihood of matching with close blood relatives and would be a 100% match if your child needs a transplant him or herself.
4. Worried about the process. Well, the collection process is noninvasive and only takes about 5 minutes. You just have to call lifebank to arrange transportation to the cord blood bank.
5. Cost. LifebankUSA offers low monthly payment and expectant parents can also join LifebankUSA Gift Registry to receive contributions toward stem cell banking from their friends and families to help lower your cord blood banking cost. Plus, peace of mind is priceless!
You never know what might happen and LifebankUSA is the only company that offers cord blood banking, placenta blood banking, and tissue banking. Their unique process allows you to bank more cells for increased transplant success and survival.
Would you or did you bank your baby’s cord blood?
Thank you to lifebankUSA for sponsoring this post.