I have to admit that I am more a coffee person than a tea person, but I think most of us have heard about the benefits of drinking green tea, and therefore when I was offered the opportunity to try Organic Matcha Green Tea Powder from Kiss Me Organics, I was happy to give it a try. Sold exclusively on Amazon, this powder is 100% organic, tested for purity, and contains more than 137x the antioxidants found in a cup of brewed tea. It can be used in everything from smoothies, to baking, to mixed drinks, and even in plain water.
This product’s benefits include:
- ALL DAY ENERGY & FOCUS: Lift your vitality and concentration with the slow release natural energy from Organic Matcha
- CALORIE BURNING BOOSTER: Support your weight loss goals with an all-natural way to increase your body’s metabolism
- LATTES | SMOOTHIES | BAKING: Kiss Me Organics Matcha Green Tea Powder arrives in an easy-to-use airtight health grade packaging allowing for as much or as little use as you need for any occasion. Enjoy a relaxing latte in the morning, bake a dozen cupcakes or simply add a small boost to your morning smoothie
- 137x ANTIOXIDANTS OF BREWED GREEN TEA: USDA Organic Matcha Green Tea can only be used in a powdered form because, unlike brewed green tea, it contains the entire tea leaf which dramatically increases the nutritional content.
- FREE MATCHA RECIPE GUIDE EBOOK WITH PURCHASE: 50+ Recipes All Yours – Emailed After Purchase.
I decided to try a green tea latte made from this powder. I got the recipe from the included recipe file – all you have to do is heat water and milk, dissolve the matcha powder in the water, and combine with the milk. Then you can add sweetener. I was impressed by the taste of the tea, as when I brew tea from tea bags, sometimes I feel like I’m drinking hot water with a bit of a good smell to it. With this, you can actually taste the green tea.
This tea is really green! And there’s a reason for that – matcha is derived from tea leaves grown in the shade so that the leaves achieve their dark green color – which is what gives matcha its amino acids. Matcha is the entire green tea leaf ground into powder. Because it is so finely ground, it can be added to many things including brownies, rolls, cakes, cocktails, milkshakes, waffles, muffins, guacamole, gravy, pizza dough, and more!
While I have not tried matcha green tea powder besides this one and therefore cannot compare it to other brands, I can compare it to regular tea bags and I love the fact that you can use it as a tea as well as in recipes. I plan to use it more often and hope to see the benefits that come along with it.
Have you ever tried matcha green tea powder? If not, go for it!
I received this product in exchange for my review. No other compensation was received and all opinions are my own.
This product isn’t certified kosher, but my rabbi informed me that finely ground green tea that has not been processed otherwise is acceptable according to the kosher laws.