This week I finished one book. I thought I’d get to read more, but I didn’t!
Between Sisters was the 5th or 6th novel by Kristin Hannah that I’ve read. The strange thing was, while I was reading it, I kept thinking I’d read it previously, maybe years ago, before I started keeping track of the books I’d read. I think maybe it just reminded me of another book, but the feeling that I’d already read it was kind of annoying! Although not the cause of the feeling, I do realize that Kristin Hannah likes to repeat certain themes in her books – close relationships between women, difficulty in those relationships, and illnesses that make characters face mortality. “Years ago, Meghann Dontess made a terrible choice that cost her everything, including the love of her sister, Claire. Now, Meghann is a highly successful attorney who doesn’t believe in intimacy–until she meets the one man who can change her mind. Claire Cavenaugh has fallen in love for the first time in her life. As her wedding day approaches, she prepares to face her strong-willed older sister. Reunited after more than two decades apart, these two women who believe they have nothing in common will try to become what they never were: a family. Tender, funny, bittersweet, and moving, Between Sisters skillfully explores the profound joys and sorrows shared by sisters, the mistakes made in the name of love, and the promise of redemption– all beautifully told by acclaimed author Kristin Hannah.” Luckily, this book didn’t make me cry, but I did smile at parts. It was nice to read about Meghann and Claire and how they mended their relationship.
1. What are you reading right now? Tell us about it!
I am currently reading Uglies by Scott Westerfeld.
2. Divergent, Hunger Games, or Twilight. Which do you prefer and why? (If you’ve never read them which do you think you’d prefer?)
I’ve read all three series completely, and my favorite is the Hunger Games. It’s the most exciting, well-written, and good throughout. I like Divergent, but by the third book I wasn’t as into it anymore. I enjoyed Twilight, but it’s not as well-written as the other two series.
3. TV Series Based on Books – they start out very close to the book to draw in the fans but then will start to separate themselves by changing things and adding characters. What are you thoughts on this?
I haven’t really watched many TV series based on books, only The Lying Game, which was cancelled. I never read the books either. I don’t watch Game of Thrones – I hear it’s great, but I’m not sure I’d like it! My feeling is that unless the book series has years worth of books, the TV series will have to diverge from the books in order to continue on.
4. You’ve just been recruited to help a movie studio bring your favorite book to the big screen. What’s the movie and who are you choosing to play the main characters?
My favorite book is already a movie. (The Time Traveler’s Wife). I find it difficult to think about actors to represent characters!
5. Going back to the above question, do you keep it word for word the same or do you use this chance to change little things you thought would make the book better?
Probably I would change things, but I’m not really good at making those decisions!
6. After you finish a physical copy of a book do you keep it for a reread, put it on a shelf to collect dust, donate it to Goodwill, or do you just not purchase physical copies of books?
Depends on the book! If I loved it, I keep it. If I liked it, I might share it with friends or pass it on in a swap.
Have you been reading anything good lately?
FTC Disclosure Statement: This post contains affiliate links and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links.
Share your spring style with ModCloth’s ‘Spring-Time to Shine’ Contest, and you could win a $50 gift cerfiticate! Entering is simple — just snap a photo of yourself in your freshest spring ensemble and upload to the Style Gallery. Outfits do not need to feature ModCloth (although it is encouraged!), and users can submit as many entries as their hearts desire. Two winners will be chosen and featured by ModCloth. This contest is open to both domestic and international applications through 1 p.m. PT on 4/28. Please see our blog for more details. Good luck!