Today is my birthday and yes I am old! In honor of my special day, I thought I’d share some of my favorite events and things from this past year.
1. Completing the half-marathon on my birthday one year ago.
2. Hanging out at Epcot after the half-marathon.
3. Thanksgiving with our family in New Jersey.
4. Going to the top of the Empire State Building with my family.
5. Gecaching at Shawnee Mission Park.
6. Best movie seen this year – Les Miserables.
7. When Dave surprised me for our anniversary and took me to see the Cirque du Soleil show Quidam.
8. My first House Party Game Night.
9. That time when I ran a sub-10 minute mile and broke my 5K time (on the treadmill).
10. Favorite crafts of the year – Simon’s Shadow Box…
11. …and my window pane art.
12. Favorite school event for Zachary – his Melaveh Malkah.
13. The day we flew our kites at the arboretum.
14. Gabbie’s awesome 8th birthday party.
15. Favorite blog series – A Mom a Minute.
16. Not looking pregnant anymore after my surgery.
17. The time I got to try out Old Navy white jeans for free.
18. Favorite school event for Gabbie – International Fair.
19. When we got to watch baby birds hatch in our backyard.
20. Touring the Weather Channel with my brother.
22. …and a week visiting my parents.
23. Finally getting to see the fireworks on July 4th.
24. Getting to spend time at Schlitterbahn – and Zachary losing a tooth there!
25. Having a successful summer with “Mommy Camp.”
26. Simon’s third birthday party and first haircut.
27. Taking our annual pumpkin pictures.
28. Having 3 potty trained kids.
29. Our day at the KC Pumpkin Patch.
30. Doing my best on my 35 Things List.
31. Favorite TV Shows this year: Grey’s Anatomy, Once Upon a Time, Downton Abbey, and Scandal (newly watching this one!)
33. Favorite gifts to myself this year: Coach bag and Erin Condren Life Planner.
35. And lastly, my favorite people – my real life friends and my blog friends, my family, my kids!
While some of the things that happened this year weren’t amazing, the good seems to outweigh the bad. I hope for more of that in this coming year!