Since January, I’ve been writing 10 goals per month on the first Sunday of every month. It was actually because of the Tuesday Topics series that I started doing this! Originally, the first Tuesday Topic was 10 New Year’s Resolutions. I ended up writing 10 goals, and from there I kept doing so every month. Therefore, I just listed 10 goals for this month on Sunday!
I tend to break my goals down in my head into a few types – family goals, house goals, self goals, craft goals, and blog goals. This helps me come up with my monthly goals. I find it especially important to come up with goals that I know I’ll be able to fulfill. They may take the whole month, but this way I feel accomplished!
If I was to come up with 8 goals for the month that are more open ended but are basic goals for each of my categories, they would be:
- Have some awesome family adventures.
- Have some great times with the kids.
- Fix up or organize something in the house.
- Improve myself or do something to make myself happy.
- Create a few great crafts.
- Increase my blog readership.
- Write some awesome blog posts.
- And of course, complete something off of my 35 Things list.
Blogging has helped me accomplish more things – when you are accountable you get things finished! It’s one of my favorite things about my blog.
Do you come up with monthly goals?