Today my wonderful husband is 35 years old! When we met each other, we were 18 year old freshmen in college. We’ve known each other for almost half of our lives! When I was trying to decide what to post about in honor of Dave’s birthday, I got to thinking about all the exciting, interesting, and random things that we have been through together in the past 17 years. So, since I shared 12 things I love about my husband in honor of our 12th anniversary, today I decided to share a list of things we have done or been through together.
- Met each other in the airport before a group trip to Israel.
- Went to Disney World for spring break in college.
- Got caught in a mini tornado while hiking in the woods.
- Studied abroad in Israel.
- Biked around the Kinneret in Israel (Sea of Galilee).
- Took a road trip from Las Vegas to the Grand Canyon to Phoenix, to San Diego, to L.A., to Las Vegas.
- Went to the top of the World Trade Center, the Empire State Building, and the Sears Tower.
- Got engaged after watching a Broadway show.
- Got married after dating for 3 years.
- Honeymooned in Hawaii one week after Dave had appendicitis.
- Drove from NJ to Washington D.C. so I could see my favorite band in person.
- Watched our closest friends get engaged and married.
- Took a plane ride in a propeller plane up the Hudson River.
- Lost one of our closest friends to suicide.
- Saw each other get master’s degrees.
- Were in Madrid on the day there were bombings there and knew nothing about it.
- Went on 4 cruises.
- Brought 3 babies into the world.
- Moved across the country.
- Took a road trip from Kansas City to Omaha to Mt. Rushmore, to Denver, to Kansas City.
- Trained for and ran a 1/2 Marathon together.
- Loved each other more every day and every year!
Happy Birthday to the best friend and husband a girl could ask for! I love you Dave!
Fabulous sale alert! Stella & Dot is offering up to 50% off sale items and free shipping on orders over $100+ from 5/24-5/27. The Stella & Dot Leona Pendant Necklace makes a bold statement and is adored by both celebrities and fashion editors alike. Each necklace is one of a kind because the stone is hand-cut. The Stella & Dot La Coco Clutch – Black can be partnered with a simple top or can be used to accessorize dressy attire for summer benefits and galas–the options are endless! Dressing up for a picnic or summer festival can be a blast. Go in style with the the gorgeous Stella & Dot Cleo Fringe Statement Earrings. Be sure to check out Stella & Dot’s Memorial Day Sale today! Enjoy!