We all have strong opinions on things. I know I do. I hate to get controversial or offend people, but I think some of the things I won’t change my mind on may make people upset! So if you are easily offended, I ask you to either not read further or keep in mind that my opinions are my opinions.
- I don’t believe in outlawing circumcision. I am Jewish and we have a religious ceremony called a brit milah on the 8th day of a baby boy’s life. I don’t know if I would circumcise my baby if I was not Jewish, but because I am Jewish my boys have a bris. I do not believe circumcision is abuse and I am offended by anti-circumcision advocates who say that it is.
I breastfeed my babies. I believe that breastfeeding is best for babies and although I know there are many reasons people do not breastfeed, I don’t think “I didn’t want to” is a good excuse for not trying it. Also, breastfeeding shouldn’t be considered nudity.
- I cannot come to terms with the fact that I had 3 c-sections. I believe my body failed me. When I tell people I had 3 c-sections I always say “not by choice.”
- I believe in Israel’s right to exist. I believe that the Jewish people have a right to live in Israel and defend themselves from their enemies.
- Because I am Jewish, there are holidays I don’t celebrate.
- I feel that in America’s voting system, my individual vote for president is insignificant.
- You should never ask a woman if she is pregnant or how far along she is unless she says “I am pregnant.”
- You are never too old or too young for Disney World!
- I will never stop loving my husband and my kids!
Next week my Tuesday Topics will probably be going up on Wednesday night due to me celebrating Passover!