Wow! August was one long month. It stayed hot for the beginning of the month, cooled off around the first day of school, and is pretty much hot and humid again now! The kids had 3 weeks where they were home with me 3 days per week and they went to “camp” at a program through Dave’s work 2 days per week. Then it was back to school for the big kids while Simon was home yet another week, and this week Simon started school too. Here are some of our August highlights!
- My aunt and uncle and their 3 dogs came to visit us!
- Dave’s sister and 3 of our nephews came to visit us too! We went to the zoo and the aquarium.
- We played glow in the dark mini golf with our friends – the big kids liked it, Simon didn’t! Pictures there were next to impossible, but:
- We went to the Johnson County Fair :
- We went to Hedrick Exotic Animal Farm [Part 1] [Part 2]
- On our way there, we stopped at 2 zoos and a water park!
- We went to a cool playground and spray park:
- We went to the farm with our friends:
The kids got their faces painted at the Kosher BBQ Contest:
Around the house:
- Not much happened!
- I made an American Boy and a Doll Desk
- I shared our Oz bathroom here
- I did a few craft projects.
- I ran 46 miles this month – and there’s still tomorrow!
- I got a new camera!
- I got a few new shirts.
- My blog got a new design!
There is still one more day of August but I’m hoping to share something else tomorrow. Plus, I needed something to write about today! So there you go.