Spending winter break in Florida was a good idea. Here’s why:
1. It was warm. No need for winter coats, winter boots, long sleeves, and long pants!
2. We went swimming (almost) every day. If we’d been at home, I would have had to come up with a fun place to bring the kids to every day. Instead, we just went swimming.
3. When we did go places, they were new places that we hadn’t visited previously, like the Science Explorium in Boca.
4. We got to eat at a bunch of yummy restaurants.
5. My dad gave my kids breakfast every morning.
6. We were local to family members that I hadn’t seen in years, so we got to visit with my mom’s aunt and my dad’s cousin.
7. Even though I wasn’t going to the gym, I didn’t feel like I was being too lazy because we walked to and from the pool.
8. Wildlife. In Kansas, we have squirrels, and sometimes deer. In Florida, we saw all kinds of birds and a few iguanas!
9. Because it was so warm, it didn’t feel like winter break at all, so we got to skip over those difficult two weeks of being stuck at home in the cold!
10. It left me with more things to blog about, so stay tuned!