April was a busy month in a lot of ways, although for me, the second half of the month disappeared. Here are some of the highlights.
- We celebrated the last two days of Passover.
- We celebrated Gabbie’s 8th birthday.
- We flew kites.
- We also visited the train garden near the kite flying location.
- My parents visited.
- We held Gabbie’s 8th birthday party.
- I went to our friend’s 3rd birthday party / haircut.
Around The House:
- I reviewed Lysol Touch of Foam and Garnier BB Cream.
- I reviewed Woolite.
- I made art out of a cheese grater.
- I got a head start on Simon’s birthday invitations.
- I bonded with the bird who lives outside my window.
- I shared how I make a few extra bucks online.
- I discussed the things I do everyday and some things in my house that I love.
- I shared what I received in the Sip, Read, Swap.
- I hosted a Tiny Prints giveaway.
- I updated my Project Life Album.
- I had major abdominal surgery and posted about it here and here.
- I featured a lot of my mom blogger friends on my blog!
And now I’m going to share three pieces of jewelry that I love!
This came out blurry but I didn’t want to take it over. (Also my neck is a little bit broken out, ugh). This diamond belonged to my grandmother and when she passed away she left it to me. It was set in a gaudy gold necklace. I eventually took it to a local jeweler and when he popped the diamond out of the gold I was able to see just how beautiful it was! He reset the diamond and “gave” me the chain in exchange for the gold from the original necklace.
Also blurry, also diamonds left to me from my grandmother. They were set in gold again, in a super small band. I had them reset into this simple ring, which I love. The first day I had it, I wore it at the gym and one of the diamonds popped out! My jeweler man replaced it for free. I don’t know which one is not an original, so I try not to worry about it.
Last by not least, I’m taking part in Allie’s giveaway along with 20 other ladies – wow! Check it out and make sure to enter!